H O M E

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

We took Will on his first airplane adventure this past weekend. The last few months have been quite crazy with two new additions to the Fisher family - one wedding and one new baby.  We've had opportunities to be together, but between the holidays and the wedding weekend they all seem to fly by. So we decided to all meet up back home in Naperville at my parents for Mothers Day Weekend. Braden & Tori are living there until they move to the city and Laura & Christian flew in from Dallas. The weekend still seemed to fly by, I guess that's just the way life is now.


We flew out Wednesday afternoon and decided to play man to man at the airport. Trevor was in charge of Will and I had Cooper. Trevor dropped Cooper and me off at the skycap where we checked our luggage. Then Trevor & Will parked in economy & he just wore Will in a carrier & took the shuttle to the airport.


Cooper is such a good flyer, but no matter what I'm just a lot to deal with getting on a plane. Between taking my cushion and side guards off and walking on board with my crutches and Cooper is just a little messy. Will was awake for the first half of the flight and asleep for the second half and he did awesome! We are quite the sight to see at the airport - haha. Cooper might have received more compliments than Will, but between the two of them people were always commenting on one of their cuteness.


Thursday we got to hang out at home for a bit before I went in for my haircut. I decided to donate my hair so it's a couple inches shorter than I'd like to have gone. But if I'm going to cut that much hair off I might as well put it to a good cause and donate it. I had cut 3 inches back in March, but wasn't ready to chop it before my brother's wedding.




Funny enough I sat in the same salon almost 9 years ago and donated my hair the morning of my high school graduation.


Friday we went and visited some of my best friends from high school - over a decade of phone calls, visits & friendship. Alyssa had a baby 3 months after me so it was so fun to get to visit and meet her baby girl and for William & Genevieve to meet for the first time! William seems like a GIANT compared to sweet Genevieve.



Then Friday night Trevor & I snuck away for a date night at Hamilton and Will stayed at home with the family. I've been obsessed with the Hamilton soundtrack for quite some time now & would listen to it while I worked out for hours on end. Trevor was a little turned off because he always heard songs out of order and context. But after seeing the play he definitely became a fan. The biggest thing I realized is that I know the soundtrack so well that I really didn't need to see it in theaters because I listened to is so many times from beginning to end. But it was still so fun to see it in person.


Saturday we had an early mother's day brunch at Egg Harbor cafe. They have the absolute best cinnamon roll french toast that I always love to enjoy when I come home and then that night the boys took care of dinner all the prep and setting the table and gave us girls the night off. But it was too chilly to eat outside. In fact the whole weekend was pretty chilly and kind of a disappointment in the weather department. Both of my children were loved and spoiled this weekend and we loved spending time with family.












Sunday morning my Dad typically has meetings all morning and church services all afternoon, but since it was Mother's day he got to be home too. My dad never sleeps in so he's always around to spend time with Will in the mornings. Then we had some brunch as well before we went to church together and my mom got to show off her new grandma status. Before we knew it it was time to pack & be on our way to the airport.


It was so fun being home all together, even if time went by way to fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment