O N E

Monday, November 12, 2018

My sweet baby boy turned ONE year old. What a whirlwind of a year, I can't even begin to express all my heart has been feeling & my mind has been thinking. We both learned so much this year & have adapted and bonded as we've figured this out together.


So I'll just start with 12 months of William:
NEWBORN

ONE MONTH


TWO MONTHS


THREE MONTHS


FOUR MONTHS


FIVE MONTHS


SIX MONTHS


SEVEN MONTHS


EIGHT MONTHS


NINE MONTHS


TEN MONTHS


ELEVEN MONTHS


TWELVE MONTHS


The month leading up to Will's birthday was a rough one. The combination of fall & feeling like my baby was going to disappear as soon as he turned one had me anxious and depressed. Then on top of that you start looking at birthday ideas online & it really stressed me out. I've realized now since planning my first party for my first baby the essentials are: balloons, cake or any dessert, family & friends and presents are entertainment enough.




Leading up to his birthday I knew I wanted to make a measuring board to follow us wherever we may live & chart all of our children's growth. It was super simple, my father-in-law picked up this board from your local hardware store. I matched the stain to another frame in William's bedroom. After staining I measured out by inches and used permanent marker for the tick marks & a mix of permanent maker & acrylic paint for the numbers. I'm pretty dang pleased with how it turned out. Also side note we started at 6 inches because eventually it will be mounted on the wall & I plan on cutting a foot off of the top, but who knows how tall this kid will grow. He's been in the 98th percentile for height since birth.






Good thing cousin Ben was there to help open gifts because one year olds definitely don't have the skills or understanding. 


Will was pretty uncertain about his cake at first, maybe it was all the singing and a the flames, but he warmed right up once he tasted his cream cheese frosting. 


                     

Some of the family that was able to make the party. Grandma & Grandpa Frank & Fisher, Aunt Courteney & Uncle Tyler, Auntie Lala & Uncle Christian as well as other loved ones & friends. 

   



William's actual birthday fell on a Sunday this year & so we tried to keep it pretty simple since we had partied hard the night before. 


Our ONE YEAR OLD



Let's be real, I was over taking these pictures months ago, but I had to finish with a bang haha. 



Thankfully when babies turn one, they don't change overnight because I was really stressed about that for awhile feeling like I was losing my baby. I didn't know how to slow down time or how to more fully embrace every moment. Overall it has been so magical & such a privilege watching & helping Will grow, develop & explore the world around him.  





No comments:

Post a Comment