Our Happy Place

Sunday, January 13, 2019


The pool is our happy place. 
In the water I'm not defined or confined by my wheelchair. 
I can hold William on my hip & even WALK with him. 
It's truly MAGIC!


I didn't even realize it, but I use one hand to hold onto Will & then I single arm dip us down to the ground to transfer into the pool. 




Then I set Will to the side while I transfer into the water first. 








Once we got used to the chilly water temperature & started splashing and 
playing Willam warmed right up.











When it comes time to get out I set William on the edge first and then I get myself out of the pool, which is more challenging than you'd think. 



Since I'm mostly paralyzed from the waist down, I'm basically lifting dead weight. But once I get the majority of my legs out of the water I do a little twist so I'm back sitting on the edge.











Daddy's able to get way more height & all the smiles. 





It's not hard to get smiles out of this kid when we are in the 
water splashing & being thrown around. 




I love how these photos capture how I get in and out of the pool without fully-functioning legs. 
First I have to push myself up out of the pool high enough that I can twist my body and sit on the edge. 




After getting out of the water my legs go stiff and I have to force them down so I can get back into my wheelchair. Meanwhile, William was on the runaway. 






It was so much fun working with Mersadi Olson Photography to capture the 
simple & magical moments in the water.

1 comment:

  1. You are truly Inspiring and are such a beautiful person to me- you just exude joy in motherhood and the little things the rest of the world takes for granted. Thanks for your blog and example of how we all should look at life.

    ReplyDelete