Home Sweet Home

Thursday, June 27, 2019

These last few days, I've been so excited that summer is finally here. For the last month I've been looking forward to the pool opening up and spending more time outdoors. Then the other day we did our normal morning workout/daycare routine & I came all prepared to go to the pool after. 


To put it simply, Will absolutely hated it. Will loved splashing and swimming in the pool last summer and even over Christmas Vacation. But that morning he was crying and clinging onto me for dear life. Finally, I gave up and attributed the melt down to Will being tired, since he'd woken up early that day. When we got home Will happily went about playing with his toys, reading his books and was so content in his little space. 



Then after nap time I loaded us back up to try the pool again. And this time I think it was even worse. The wailing and clinging continued so once again we called it quits after a few minute of trying. We got out to a grassy area and I set him down & he was just so happy to run around in the grass back & forth, with his shark hooded towel draping behind him and blowing in the wind like a super hero cape. 

One day I know I'll spend hours at the pool with my children all sopping wet &sun kissed. But for now I'm going to embrace this season of life. We'll sign up for swim lessons & hopefully get Will a little more comfortable with the water again. But he's only this little for so long and I love to watch him explore on his own terms.  


Again when we got home, Will  happily went about playing and exploring as I cooked dinner. Looking at him so content in the living room I had this realization.


Home is where he feels safe, loved & content; home is where he wants to be. It made my heart swell knowing I've created a home that fosters love, learning and exploration. As we move towards adding to our family, I'm realizing that home truly is where I'm going to spend most of my time during these early years.I know this is just a season and that I'll look back and long for these simple days at home. But it's hard to fight my personality of go go go and productivity. Once again I have to remind myself that 

BEING PRESENT IS BEING PRODUCTIVE

In this season of life I'm really trying to embrace home and S L O W   D O W N. With that I want to continue to make my home a safe, cozy, comfortable place especially during this sweet season in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment