ANNIVERSARY ADVENTURES

Wednesday, July 10, 2019

July 9th is our day. The day we celebrate us and although us has become a bigger family, I still want to focus on where it all began. The evening turned out to be quite the adventure, but it's the same in life so why should our anniversary be any different.

H A P P Y   A N N I V E R S A R Y  

Turns out they were giving away free Chick-fil-a for our wedding anniversary, all you had to do was show up dressed like a cow. 


On our actual anniversary we had planned for our favorite Waffle Love Biscoff icecream waffles, but turns out they are closed on Tuesday's. Who is closed on a TUESDAY?! So we went to our second step of our plans for a classy dinner at Chick-fil-a. When we got in the car to pick up for Crumbl Cookies, when suddenly I realized my crutches weren't in the car. I quickly realized the only place they could be was a field at this park we'd taken pictures at the night before. So we grabbed our cookie to go & rushed over to search for my crutches. It was an anniversary miracle because Trevor found the crutches right where we'd forgotten them.


The weekend before our anniversary we were in Park City with some of our family and we had a chance to sneak away with Laura & Christian on our last night for a little sunset hike. 








⚠️WARNING: Sappy post ahead. Last night, after our whirlwind of an evening, we were talking about our anniversary, love and relationship. I told Trevor that every day feels like our anniversary because of how well he constantly loves me.
.
H A P P Y   A N N I V E R S A R Y 
to the boy who has always been able to see my heart and been the wind beneath my wings or should I say legs.
.
I’m not even going to be able to scratch the surface on our relationship & love. All I can say is Trevor is as close to perfect as it gets. He loves me so completely and never complains or makes me feel like a burden - even with my circumstances and limitations. Trevor is always there through the good and bad. From pushing his comfort zones and supporting me by going on live television to grieving with me and holding me as I cry every time, while always finding ways to make me laugh every day.
.
We adventure, serve, laugh, cry & love our way through life. Marrying Trevor has been the single best decision I’ve made and has truly been the greatest blessing. Thomas S. Monson said “DECISIONS DETERMINE DESTINY” and babe you are not only my best decision, but my destiny. God knew what he was doing when he put you in my path after my accident. You never knew the “old Brittany” and that never mattered. You just loved me for me regardless of my abilities.
.
#TEAMTREVORFOREVER #BRITTANYANDTREVORFOREVER


While in PC we went on a few hikes and on one particular hike we found this wedding overlook that had reservations in a pile at the end of the aisle. We decided to have our own little wedding including walking down the aisle, kiss dip & piggy backing. 












Favorite thing to do together?
MRS: Anything outdoors - hiking, walking, wheeling, mountainboarding.
MR: Enjoying the outdoors.

What's the biggest change?
MRS: Our spiritual & physical habits. We’ve been in a good morning routine where we put God first, move our bodies and it's helped a lot since Will has been sleeping through the night during this last year.
MR: Starting Come Follow Me. We’ve been studying the gospel as a family & individuals better than we ever have. We’ve grown together more emotionally and spiritually. We are very in sync in our moods and am even more sympathetic when Brittany is having a hard time. 


High moment/Good memory?
MRS: Hawaii vacation - everything was accessible swimming with Will was so fun. Really pool time in general became a magic time where I could hold Will & interact with our little family (the first time this happened was in the summer in Vail). 
MR: A collaboration of memories watching Will learn to walk and gain independence. I thought he couldn’t get any cuter, but he did with his ability to get around on his two little feet. 


4. Low moment/Bad memory?
MRS: As I have new experiences especially with Will there are new events and experiences that I grieve. The last 9 months have been really hard battling pretty regular waves of grief.
MR: The past few weeks have been pretty tough. Just due to the realization of Britt’s circumstances & not being able to experience things the way we would like to. 


5. What was the biggest concern or challenge you faced?
MRS: It all is related to my accident & SCI. I've really struggled with circulation in my feet and extreme pain in my feet and toes. So I have my surgery scheduled and hopefully that helps in the long run with pain and walking. Also feeling very anxious and worried about timing and more children.
MR: Learning to be okay with our circumstances and even though we can’t do everything the way we want to we can still enjoy life and be happy. 


6. What are you looking forward to?
MRS: Growing our family and finding/moving/building a house that is accessible WITH A YARD - a girl can dream.
MR: Growing our family and potentially starting a new job and a house.


7. Did you start any traditions, hobbies or habits?
MRS: I’m really trying to start our own holiday & birthday traditions as a family. So we had our first “christmas eve” soup, nativity, for & movie night. It’s also become a tradition to do Whole30 once a year to cleanse & reset our bodies.
MR: We’ve stated our Friday pizza & movie night with Will, which has become a non-negotiable for Will & me. And Saturday waffles has become a thing especially with mini chocolate chips & cookie butter. We also try to get outdoors every Saturday morning. 

8. What has been your favorite place you've been?
MRS: Hawaii & weekend in Vail.
MR: Hawaii

9. What is your favorite foods or places to eat?
MRS: We’ve become pretty obsessed with cookie butter. 
MR: Discovered Waffle Love with biscoff cookie butter and a giant scoop of ice cream on top - it’s magical. 

10. What are your goals?
MRS: Working on patience in general esp. as we work towards a house & growing our family. I’m still working on setting specific goals for myself, but a goal for our family is to continue our morning routine of putting God first & moving our bodies. And then just continuing to create a safe & loving home where our family can learn, grow & develop. As well as trying to eat cleaner with less added sugars etc. while still enjoying the finer things in life - aka COOKIE BUTTER.
MR: Continue to search for a career that I am passionate about and can still support my family with. I want to keep developing myself as an individual through more frequent study of the gospel. And I want to continue to learn how to be more handy around the home, but we need a home to be able to do that since there’s only so much you can do to a rental. So I guess that makes a home a goal too. Keep up exercise regimen and see a difference and maintain my ability to speak vietnamese. 

11. Where have you lived?
MRS: I wished I’d just accepted that we were going to be here over two years when we first moved in and made this place home right off the bat. I’m just finally really starting to like our (rental duplex) and now we know changes are coming in the future months esp. As we grow our family we need more space inside & a yard!
MR: In TEC Management’s rip off.


No comments:

Post a Comment