Fizzle Price

Saturday, June 13, 2015

I'll be the first to admit it - my brother and I weren't always close. But I think going to the school at the same college for 3 years helped. We are quite different In high school I felt like it was always a joke for his friends to say "Braden'ssssss Sisterrrrrrr", like I didn't even have a first name. I always refer to my brother as Braden, but to friends in high school and college he was Fizz, or more affectionately known as Fizzle Price.

Over the years our relationship has grown, but there was one moment for me when it all changed. And there's even a snapshot that captured that moment for me.





Braden's face in the picture shows more emotion than I've ever seen from him in my life. Up until that moment my brother and I have had many differences of opinions and many fights. But if I ever doubted his love and concern from me his face dispelled them all.

Right after my accident my brother had interviews set up in Chicago and looking for work for when he graduated in a couple months.  And so I didn't see my brother right away after my accident. I think he was still in Utah actually and KSL I believe met him at the airport to interview him about the story. I still think it's funny how in the news clip he is wearing a full on suit and tie, we've teased him about purposely wearing that suit for the interview, but he insists it was to save space on the airplane and not have to pack his suit. I don't think my mom loved the idea of her daughters accident being broadcasted across the new and internet, but Braden saw it as an opportunity for more prayers. The time line of it all is fuzzy to me and I'm not sure where he flew out etc. But I still remember him walking into my hospital room. I was still in Las Vegas but it had been long enough that I was moved out of ICU to a room upstairs until my final surgery before being transferred to Denver. Literally from the moment he walked into the room his emotions were written all over his face and I will never forget the love I felt.

I've never called my brother Fizz, but to most of his college friends he is known as Fizz. I've always been amazed at the incredible, genuine friendship and bond he has with his closest friends. I can't say enough great things about my brother and I think all our friends could add to this. Braden is as straight laced as they come. I've never met someone with more discipline and will power and love for God. He serves and loves others, but if you're an idiot...well then he may not have patience for you. And lets me honest, I've been an idiot a time or two.







I don't think I will ever know all the sacrifices my family members made for me while in the hospital. But I just want the record to show how grateful I am for each of them. Braden and Laura were both in their senior years of high school and college, and made sacrifices to be by my beside week after week, and month after month, and I know they had to miss out on a lot of their senior year activities. My parents spent every other week away from home rarely ever in the same place for 4 months. They loved and supported me through the good and the bad that those months and these years have held.

No comments:

Post a Comment